Developer(s) : Marvelous AQL, SCE Japan Studio
Publisher(s) : Sony Computer Entertainment
Director(s) : Teruhiro Shimokawa
Producer(s) : Kentarou Motomura, Teruyuki Toriyama
Designer(s) : Keiji Inafune
Composer(s) : Yasunori Mitsuda, Wataru Hokoyama
Platform(s) : PlayStation Vita
Release date(s) : JP March 7, 2013; NA April 30, 2013; EU May 1, 2013
Genre(s) : Action-adventure, action role-playing
Media/distribution : PlayStation Vita card, download
Soul Sacrifice is an Action Role-playing game (RPG) set in a world of fantasy and mythology, that places players in the unique position of requiring them to physically sacrifice aspects of themselves and the world around them to gain power. The game is designed exclusively for play on PlayStation Vita, and is the first RPG experience that takes full advantage of PS Vita technical capabilities. Additional game features include co-op game options, character development based on player actions, character leveling, and mythologically based enemies.
- Reality blended experience where players must sacrifice parts of themselves to obtain great power
- Freeform character development as a player's decision would affect the characters abilities and visual form
- The first action co-op RPG experience that takes full advantage of PS Vita technical capabilities
Cheats & Codes:
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Black Rite:
- Excalibur: Increase your Magic to Level 40.
- Gleipnir: Increase your Magic to Level 20.
- Gorgon: Increase your Life to Level 20.
- Gungir: Increase both your Life and Magic to Level 40 (same time).
- Vulcan: Increase your Life to Level 40.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Epic Tale of Sorcerers (Platinum): Acquired all trophies.
- Foreshadowing of Despair (Bronze): Fulfilled pacts of Chapter I of The Sorcerer's Ordeal.
- Unavoidable Fate (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for The Sorcerer's Ordeal.
- Greed Incarnate Knows Money (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for The Wicked Sorcerer.
- Rightful Form (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Child of a Monster.
- Dark Mirror (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Ballad of a Werewolf.
- The Unwavering Will (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for The Knight of Vengeance.
- Sorcerer's Calling (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Several Years Later.
- Cursed Past (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Destinies Past.
- Mad Feast (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Fading Humanity.
- Puppet Holiday (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Beginning of the End.
- The Fate of the World (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Only Memories Remain.
- Bucking Fate (Gold): Read through all Magusar chapters and staff credits.
- A Brave New World (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Innocence.
- Power of Covetousness (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Desire.
- Something Lost, Something Gained (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Reparation.
- Atonement (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Atonement.
- To Win at all Costs (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Envy.
- My Power Rules All (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Pride.
- Waypoint (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Judgment.
- The Road Traveled (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Remorse.
- The Jury's Perspective (Bronze): Fulfilled all pacts for Penitence.
- A Better Tomorrow (Silver): Fulfilled all pacts for Recursion.
- Commanding Awe (Gold): Completed all Avalon Pacts.
- Fully-Fledged Sorcerer (Bronze): Defeated 10 archfiends.
- Path of a Great Sorcerer (Bronze): Defeated 20 archfiends.
- Elementary Sorcerer (Bronze): Acquired 100 Offerings.
- Gradual Gain of Power (Bronze): Acquired 500 Offerings.
- To be Known for Greatness (Bronze): Acquired 1000 Offerings.
- Caring for your Wares (Bronze): Repaired 50 Offerings.
- Humble Beginnings (Bronze): Acquired one selectable raiment.
- Stylish Sorcerer (Bronze): Acquired 60 selectable raiments.
- Forbidden for a Reason (Bronze): Learned a new Black Rite.
- Last Resort, Secret Technique (Bronze): Learned 5 Black Rites.
- Thoughts Flow in the Arm (Bronze): Acquired 100 soul/life essences.
- Emotions Swirl in the Arm (Bronze): Acquired 1000 soul/life essences.
- Elementary Offering Fusing (Bronze): Fused Offerings.
- To be a Better Sorcerer (Bronze): Acquired 50 Offerings by fusing.
- Without a Scratch (Bronze): Earn the "Unscathed Kill" award in an Avalon pact.
- Boundless Strength (Silver): Score 450 points or more in one pact.
- Boil, Torch, and Torment (Bronze): Inflict 5 ailments on an archfiend.
- Light-footed Sorcerer (Silver): Killed archfiend in single player mode with 1 Offering.
- Spinner of Legends (Silver): Achieve the rank of “Legendary Sorcerer” 50 times.
- The Path of Cooperation (Bronze): Relived a pact in multiplayer.
- What it Means to Fight Together (Bronze): Relived 20 pacts in multiplayer.
- Sorcerer with a Swift Arm (Bronze): Relived 100 pacts in multiplayer.
- Magical Milestones (Bronze): Visited many places on pacts.
- Taboos should be Challenged (Bronze): Used a Black Rite.
- I Decide Who Lives and Who Dies (Bronze): Life level or magic level reached 20.
- Thy Strength Runneth Over (Silver): Life level or magic level reached 99.
Additionally, there are six secret trophies:
- More Power, More Courage (Bronze): Held 30 of one Offering.
- Sorrow of Solitude (Bronze): Teased Librom in 3 different ways.
- From Cover to Cover (Bronze): Opened all pages of Librom.
- Pure and Straight (Bronze): Started pact with 6 identical Offerings.
- Use What You Can (Bronze): Unleashed 4 spells with no offerings equipped in one pact.
- The Offering Offers Power (Bronze): Used a Chest of Fortune in pact.