Developer(s) : Big Huge Games
Publisher(s) : Microsoft Game Studios
Designer(s) : Brian Reynolds
Engine : GameSpy
Version : 02.04.04.2903
Platform(s) : Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
Release date(s) : NA May 20, 2003; EU May 23, 2003
Genre(s) : Real-time strategy
Mode(s) : Single-player, Multiplayer
Media/distribution : CD
Rise of Nations
The Entire Span of Human History Is In Your Hands Dominate 6000 years of history from the Ancient Age to the Information Age.Which forces will you deploy to lead your nation to global prominence? Tradeespionage diplomacy…war? Whichever path you choose you’ll experience thepulse pounding thrill and speed of real-time gaming combined with the epic scopeand depth of turn-based strategy games – brought together for the first timeever in Rise of Nations.Rise of Nations is a new historical real time strategy game developed by BigHuge Games’ Brian Reynolds designer of PC game classics such as Civilization2 and Alpha Centauri.In Rise of Nations you'll create new cities improve city infrastructuresand expand national borders. Conquer foes through military might usingeverything from sling-shots to cannons to stealth bombers to nuclear weapons;corner the market on key commodities and consolidate power under your rule;wheel and deal across time with history's eminent cultures.Product HighlightsMore than 200 military units appear in Rise of Nations. Each of the 18 nationshas at least special units of its own and all share several types of units incommon. Each military unit looks slightly different depending on which nationdeploys it and will change in appearance over time.18 nations and over 200 military units combine in Rise of Nations and movethrough 8 epochs of history. Each nation also has its own special units. Thethousands of variations within the game's elements will take you hours of playto see...6000 years of human history unfold across 8 distinct epochs in Rise of Nations.Each of the 8 epochs in the game represents a time period from history in thereal world. Key technological changes like the invention of gunpowder serve aslines between ages. As the game and your nation advance you will have newer andmore powerful units at your disposal.
- Choose one of 18 major civilizations from the Aztecs to the Nubians -- you will be their guide through 6,000 years of history
- Play on a realistic map of the world and expand your nation by conquering one at a time, in exciting wartime strategy action
- Research over 50 different technologies and show off the superiority of your civilization, as you build Wonders Of The World
- Use a combination of military strength, technological development, diplomacy, trade and espionage to create a world empire
- Stunning animation and effects as you experience 220 different unit types, and weapon effects from slingshots to nuclear detonations
When playing Quick Battle or Campaign, hit Enter to bring up the chat and type this: cheat keys on. Press Enter and hit the following keys for the desired effect:
- Alt+F5 - +1000 to each resource (hold to increase)
- Alt+F9 - Speeds the creation of select buildings
Press ENTER during gameplay, then enter one of the cheats listed below to activate it:
- 1000 more resources: cheat resource all+1000
- Adjust damage: cheat damage (name or no entry)(+ or -)(number)
- AI state: cheat ai (on, off or debug)
- Alliance with nation: cheat ally (nation name)
- Change explore: cheat explore (normal, explored, all)
- Defeat nation: cheat defeat (nation name)
- Deploy units: cheat deploy
- Drop nuke at pointer: cheat nuke
- Drop Wild Bird at pointer: cheat bird
- Encounter with nation: cheat meet (nation name)
- Finish building or next item: cheat finish
- Kill all selected objects: cheat die
- Make all players human: cheat sandbox
- Pack units: cheat pack
- Peace with nation: cheat peace (nation name)
- Put building at pointer: cheat insert (number)(type)(who=RED)(x,y)
- Put unit or building at pointer: cheat add (number)(type)(who=RED)(x,y)
- Put machine guns around human capitals: cheat safe
- Set difficulty: cheat diff (0-5)
- Show achievements: cheat achieve
- Show/change commerce level for nation: cheat commerce (number)(nation name)
- Show/change library tech levels for nation: cheat library (number)(nation name)
- Show/change military level for nation: cheat military (number)(nation name)
- Show/change nation age: cheat age (number)(nation name)
- Show/change resource: cheat resource (name)(goodtype or all)(+ or -)(number)
- Show/change science level for nation: cheat science (number)(nation name)
- Show/change technology: cheat tech (name)(tech or all)(on or off)
- Show combat ranges: cheat ranges (0 or 1)
- Show full map: cheat reveal (on or off)
- Toggle computer control off: cheat human (name)
- Toggle computer control on: cheat computer (name)
- Toggle pause: cheat pause (0 or 1)
- Turn encounter off with nation: cheat unmeet (nation name)
- Victory for nation: cheat victory (nation name)
- War with nation: cheat war (nation name)
Hit ENTER and enter one of the following numbers for the desired taunt:
- 1 - Yes
- 2 - No
- 3 - Maybe
- 4 - I need food
- 5 - I need timber
- 6 - I need metal
- 7 - I need wealth
- 8 - I need oil
- 9 - I need knowledge
- 10 - Do you need resources?
- 11 - Little help here
- 12 - This noob’s rushing me
- 13 - Build more troops
- 14 - Build a wonder
- 15 - Work on your economy
- 16 - Work on your air force
- 17 - Work on your navy
- 18 - Wait for my signal to attack
- 19 - Attack!
- 20 - Let’s get ‘em
- 21 - Guard my artillery
- 22 - Move troops here
- 23 - Grab some territory
- 24 - Gonna boom
- 25 - Gonna rush
- 26 - Wanna ally?
- 27 - Wanna make peace?
- 28 - Of course you know this means war
- 29 - Pay up or die
- 30 - Prepare to be crushed
- 31 - Who should we attack?
- 32 - When shall we attack?
- 33 - Where’s the enemy?
- 34 - They’ve got air power
- 35 - Ships ahoy!
- 36 - I spy a spy
- 37 - Rare resources for the taking
- 38 - The city is going down
- 39 - Check out the timer
- 40 - Let’s set up shop
- 41 - Wanna bet?
- 42 - It’s on
- 43 - Was that supposed to hurt?
- 44 - Have you fixed your little problem?
- 45 - Good luck with that
- 46 - Let me know how that works out for you
- 47 - I may be slow, but I’m ahead of you
- 48 - Classy
- 49 - Play the tutorials, noob
- 50 - Wake me up when your done
- 51 - Get outta my face
- 52 - Leave me alone
- 53 - ‘Cause you need that
- 54 - Is it over yet?
- 55 - Do your parent’s know you’re up this late?
- 56 - You okay over there?
- 57 - And stay out!
- 58 - Bwa ha ha ha ha!
- 59 - Have fun stormin the caslte
- 60 - Random! Random!
- 61 - RanDOM! RanDOM!
- 62 - Let the game begin
- 63 - Dude, we know who you’re going to take Just pick ‘em and get on with it
- 64 - Which part of ‘click in’ didn’t you understand
- 65 - What’s the holdup?
- 66 - Ahhh
- 67 - Unh Unh Unh
- 68 - Ohhh
- 69 - Ughhh
- 70 - Uhhh!
- 71 - We’re doomed!
- 72 - Wanna give up?
- 73 - Victory is mine!
- 74 - Oww! My eye!
- 75 - Not in the face!
- 76 - Coming
- 77 - Be right there
- 78 - On my way
- 79 - I’m trying to send some help
- 80 - Gotcha covered
- 81 - Check
- 82 - It shall be done
- 83 - Let me get right on that
- 84 - Sweet
- 85 - You da man
- 86 - That’s what I’m talking about
- 87 - Consider it taken care of
- 88 - Sounds like a plan
- 89 - Groovy
- 90 - Red
- 91 - Blue
- 92 - Purple
- 93 - Green
- 94 - Yellow
- 95 - Light blue
- 96 - White
- 97 - Orange
- 98 - Aaaaaaagh! The humanity!
- 99 - Let me gat that for you
- 100 - They keep on rising